UBC
Nov 5, 2010Public
Photo: Leonard S. Klinck Building at UBC, aka New
Applied Science Building, aka Engineering
 Building, aka the Civil Engineering Building,
and aka the Computer Science Building.
Opened in 1948 its current name honours
Dr. Leonard S. Klinck, the First Dean of
Agriculture at UBC, and the university's
second president.  Home to the UBC
Computing Centre (4th floor to the right)
Photo: Leonard S. Klinck Building at UBC
Photo: From the left, standing, John Hogg (UBC), Mike Alexander (UM), Alan Davis (UQV), John Stasiuk (UQV), Gerry Gabel (UQV), Henry Ewasechko (UQV) and seated Dr. Dale Bent (UQV)
Photo: James M. Kennedy, Computing Center Director, 1966-1980, Vice-President of University Services, 1980-1984, University of British Columbia
Photo: James M. Kennedy, c. 1968
Photo: James Kennedy, April 1990
Photo: Alvin G. Fowler, Associate Director, 1971-1980 and Director Computing Centre, 1980-1985, University of British Columbia
Photo: Al Fowler, c. 1984
Photo: IBM 3277 displays at UBC. Photograph by Gavin Eadie.
Photo: IBM 3277 display at UBC with MTS sign on screen. Photograph by Gavin Eadie.
Photo: A 28 year old Doug Wade in the UBC computer room circa 1983
Photo: Final purge of MTS/MVS era 6250 bpi tapes at UBC in 2010
Photo: Final purge of MTS/MVS era 6250 bpi tapes at UBC in 2010
Photo: Alan Ballard
Photo: Jeff Berryman
Photo: Ron Hall
Photo: John Hogg
Photo: John Hogg, c. 1983
Photo: Ralph Sayle
Photo: Dave Twyver
Photo: Bill Webb
Photo: Bruce Joliffe, c. 1989
Photo: Eric Kolotyluk, c. 2014
Photo: l to r: Jeff Berryman (UBC), ?, Dennis O'Reilly, ?, Jeff Ogden (UM), Bob Husak (Merit), Denis Russell, 3rd floor conference room, University of Michigan Computing Center, c. 1982