St Francis School 60th Anniversary
Dec 14, 2011Public
Photo: Kathryn Tuomy, Kathryn and her brother Cornelius (Bill) sold 8 acres of land and donated 2 more to St. Francis Parish
Photo: Cornelius (Bill) Tuomy, Bill and his sister Kathryn sold 8 acres of land and donated 2 more to St. Francis Parish
Photo: 1956 Ariel shot of St. Francis; Tappan Junior High School to the right and just a dirt road where Medford St. is today.
Photo: 1951 St. Francis Church, currently the school music room
Photo: 1952 Altar boys procession line up for the dedication of St. Francis School
Photo: 1952 Entering school for Dedication and Blessing - Cardinal Edward Mooney.
Photo: 1952 School Dedication - Cardinal Edward Mooney.
Photo: 1952 School Dedication
Photo: 1952 Fr. Kennedy with students
Photo: 1952-53 5th grade class with Sr. Mary Raphael, OP
Photo: 8th grade graduating class of 1955
Photo: 8th grade graduating class of 1956
Photo: 8th grade graduating class of 1957
Photo: 8th grade graduating class of 1958
Photo: 8th grade graduating class of 1959
Photo: 8th grade graduating class of 1960
Photo: 8th grade graduating class of 1961
Photo: 8th grade graduating class of 1962
Photo: 1958 St. Francis' 2nd church site, now the School gymnasium
Photo: 1982 Church's mosaic pillar was completed in honor of the 800th anniversary of the birth of Saint Francis. The image of the saint was created by Ann Arbor artist John Copley. Tramontin Tile Company constructed the mosaic.
Photo: Mrs. Diegel and her 3rd Grade class. Mrs . Diegel taught at St. Francis School from 1970-1994. After retirement she provided tutoring services for St. Francis.
Photo: Praying together in Song with Fr. Joe (center) and Sr. Diane (back row center)
Photo: Fr. Joe with Halloween Carnival costume winners!
Photo: Mrs. Daby with the Student Leadership Council