Snow Droid X (My First Robot)
Nov 25, 2012Public
Photo: Closeup of the droid's head and neck support structures, which includes Servo Power Gearboxes and HiTec Servos from ServoCity (one of my 3 favorite vendors in the universe). I used the Aluminum Beams to build the supports for the head.
Photo: Profile Picture of my Snow Droid's head and shoulder structures with prototype 3D printed head compartments (production will be a nice Red color). She's next to her favorite robot, Adabot!
Photo: Closeup of the droids lower-neck and shoulder support structures, again which utilize ServoCity servo power gearboxes, a linear actuator and HiTec 7.4volt Servos (they can run at 6V, but I learned I really need to run them at their optimized 7.4volt to get the torque I need).
Photo: My test controller for the head and shoulder components. I'm not done yet, but I'll be using this Rig (loaded wtih 100% Adafruit Industries equipment - my Favorite company in the Universe!). I'm using an Arduino Due and Adafruit's 16-channel PWM 6V-max controller for testing all the servos (would Love a 7.4Volt capable version!!).
Photo: My Snapper 24" Heavy Duty snow blower with a Techumseah 8HP snow king engine (I may have to get a 10HP HMSK-100 replacement to fit the and run the 4Amp AC/ 3Amp DC alternator).
Photo: Some of the HiTec Waterproof high-voltage (7.4Volt) servos inside ServoCity Servo Blocks that I had to modify to allow them to fit the larger size of the waterproof servos. 5 of these are needed to run the controls of the Snow Blower itself.
Photo: A Blender snapshot of the 3D models I am creating to support the Snow Droid, all of which has to be 100% water-tight, wind-tight, etc. I'm printing them in Nuclear Green for testing, final will be a nice Red.
Photo:
Photo:
Photo:
Photo: Another Blender snapshot of the 3D models I am creating to support the Snow Droid, all of which has to be 100% water-tight, wind-tight, etc. I'm printing them in Nuclear Green for testing, final will be a nice Red.