Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ingria in Russia celebrates 400th anniversary
Aug 4, 2011Public
Photo: ELCIR Bishop Kugappi preaches at the commemorative worship service, which was held on the grounds of the remaining skeleton of the oldest surviving Lutheran church in Russia, which dates back to 1632.
Photo: Bishop Kugappi and others lead worship in the rain.
Photo: Many faithful worshippers gathered to join in the celebratory divine service, despite the rain.
Photo: Many Russian Lutherans gathered together, despite the inclement weather, to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the ELCIR. They are pictured here in the village of Gubanitzi.