Google Ad Grants Online Marketing Challenge (OMC)
Experiential Learning for Students. Real Impact for Nonprofits.
Online Marketing Challenge is a unique opportunity for students to get real-world experience creating and executing online marketing campaigns for real nonprofits using a $10,000 USD monthly budget of in-kind Google Ads advertising credit through the Google Ad Grants program. This global academic program brings two worlds together, partnering students and nonprofits, to support digital skill development and drive positive change around the world.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Ad Grants Online Marketing Challenge (OMC) is open to higher education students from undergraduate or graduate programs, regardless of major. Students must form teams of 2-5 members and register under a verified faculty member, lecturer or instructor currently employed by an accredited higher education institute. Google will partner student teams with select nonprofits that are a part of the Ad Grants program and have opted in to participate in the Challenge.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Student teams of 2-5 members review Online marketing trainings, build their digital skills and pass the Academy for Google Ads Fundamentals Exam.
- Student teams partner with an Ad Grants nonprofit, meet with the organization to understand their cause, audience and goals, evaluate their existing campaign structure and performance, and develop a comprehensive digital marketing strategy.
- Using the free Google Ad Grants Google Ads advertising budget — up to $10,000 USD per month — student teams develop and execute online advertising campaigns over the course of at least 4 weeks to help drive conversions for their nonprofit partner.
- At the end of the partnership, student teams complete a Post-Campaign Analysis and deliver future recommendations to their nonprofit partner to help them continue to thrive online.
- Student teams that demonstrate strong Google Ads knowledge, develop a thorough online marketing strategy, execute optimized Google Ads campaigns and provide a post-campaign analysis with future recommendations for their nonprofit partner will receive a personalized certificate from Google recognizing their academic achievement and social impact. Top performing teams also have the opportunity to submit their story to be featured in Google’s Social Impact Spotlight Series, as well as Hangout on Air with Googlers near and far.
OMC is a tool for bringing marketing theory to life by engaging students in a hands-on learning experience that gives them the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable business, marketing, analytical and consulting skills through a practical experience
- Contribute to a meaningful cause while learning from real organizations
- Collaborate effectively in a professional group setting
- Build a true relationship with a client and make a real-life impact
- Gain exposure to the digital marketing landscape using real money on a live advertising platform
- Build tactical skills that are in high-demand on the job market
HOW CAN NONPROFITS GET INVOLVED?
Any nonprofits that are a part of the Ad Grants program and are interested in partnering with students to optimize their online presence can express their interest in participating in Online Marketing Challenge through this form.
If your organization is not a part of the Ad Grants program, please check if it is eligible and start by applying for the Google for Nonprofits program. Once you have been approved for both the Google for Nonprofits program and Ad Grants, you may then complete the above form to express interest in getting involved with Online Marketing Challenge.